Thursday, March 31, 2005

Just came home from a gruelling 12 days in the States ... but definitely worth every minute of it! In a way I'm really glad to be back here in Bristol, need to chill around for a while before starting on work! Yes, like everyone's been telling me - I NEED TO STUDY! And if it's anytime of the year that I should be doing so, it should be NOW. Oh wells, we'll see how that goes.

Anyways I spent a good 1.5 hours in Sam Ash (A BIG music shop in NY) contemplating whether I should get the Radium 49. Yes it sounds like some car, but it's better, it's more exciting than that! Hah! This new MIDI keyboard comes complete with 49 keys to play with, the big brother of the Oxygen 15. You know what it is? It's like those things you see musicians play together with their savvy MACs to create mind blowing music!!! So here it is, the Radium 49 sits in my room, ready to be exploited, ready to be used to transform thoughts into music!

It was quite difficult bringing it back lahh, ALL the way from New York to London and then to Bristol. It was quite a pain ensuring that my new baby toy doesn't get injured even before it gets used. So had to be really really careful carrying it around! But guess what?!? The most amazing thing happened! Yeah whilst I was at the subway returning to the hotel from Sam Ash, a guy came up to talk to me. He asked, "You do beats?" So I said yeah I do. And then we started talking. Turns out that he owns his own recording company and has a few artists under him, kinda producer/ manager thingy.

I told him that I was in the midst of doing raps and hip-hop, and he told me to send him some stuff to listen! A pity cos I'm all the way back in UK now, so no way for anything to work out lahh. But was greatly encouraged mann! Haha! The new toy brought me some recognition!! Heh! Wells, it was just interesting fantasising how that would have turned out ... struggling musician? =O)

Well well well, stay tuned for more - am even more inspired to create and write new material, and would definitely be looking for new people/ friends to sing and play stuff together with me! That would be fun mann! Thanks to all who had been a part of the whole recording process. =O)


Posted by Musicshen at 9:05 AM
2 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com