Tuesday, April 19, 2005
London London London.To be honest, it was a bad time to run off to London, considering that I hadn't finished my property coursework by the time I left. But in the end, it was good, and definitely worth the trip. Not to mention that I spent a bomb AGAIN!! But you would expect to, London ain't London for no reason. =O) Well, I've got 2 very important people to thank for making this trip a roaring success. Firstly, Mr Woon Junyang.
Yeah, if not for him, I would be sleeping on the streets. Yeah the thing was that I didn't even give him much notice as it was last minute, but he readily agreed! Yeah thanks dude for the place! PLS come to Bristol, then in that way, I could offer you accommodation and a free tour round Bristol. Heh! Anyways, a picture of his front door.

Junyang's Front Door
The next person I MUST thank is HSIA LING!!! Yeah for spending the whole weekend with me! It was really nice catching up again! And I think we are very similar, so it was easy getting along even after so many months! Well here's a brief recount of the weekend. And a few suggestions as to what to do in London if you go there. =)
1. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
If you have the time, pls go watch it!! Especially if you're into technical theatre, it is by far the most impressive and extensive musical I've seen put together. The props were simply amazing! And the visual effects, simply dazzling!! And of course you know Hsia Ling, could not find the right words to express her joy and excitement ... Haha! Yeah definitely worth the time and the money. And the tunes are pretty catchy too ... not overly done ...
2. Cafe Rosieux (Can't remember how to spell the name!)
Perfect place to go to for afternoon tea. Shared a bottle of Rose and an apple crumble topped with hand made vanilla ice cream. Great place to chill. =O)
Yeah anyways, we went to a pub before catching the musical, she said she wanted to embrace the English culture - have a beer at 7 in the evening. Hmmms, sounds like what
they do huh ... start drinking so that they can get pissed by the 11 o'clock bell ...

Sunday was fantastic! Was down at Hillsongs London, and Darlene and gang came down from Sydney to host a conference! The worship was powerful and the message was Spirit-filled. She was talking about familiarity, and how that can blind us from the things that God has intended for us to do. We must always keep our eyes on Him and remember that it is Him at work, and not us.
Had to bring her to Four Seasons for lunch. One of those places that you MUST go to. The duck ..... need more be said? Spent the later part of the afternoon at Hyde Park. It was really nice, just lazing around on the grass ... it was filled with so many people!! Far as the eye could see ... decided to take some photos with my Ixus 30 .. heh!

The joy of a child

The joy of a child yet again

Enjoy life to its fullest

Ling and I
Oh wells, I should be asleep by now, to Jiamin and Rachel, I know I told you guys that I'll be in bed by 2 every night ... but today's different ... can't be helped! Slept in the afternoon ... so not counted! It's time to hit the books ... for the next month ...
Posted by Musicshen at 12:04 PM
0 comments