Monday, May 02, 2005

Food food food.

It's been a fairly long time since I had anything REALLY nice to eat, and when I mean real nice, I mean "fine dining" nice! It's as if my tummy couldn't take in the sudden in flux of good, mouth-watering food. It'll take me ages to describe the menu for the day. But I was truly satisfied, had my favourite lamb for lunch, which was VERY well done I must say! My warden had a few of the guys over for lunch yesterday. And it was really nice catching up with him. Lunch was from 1400H - 1900H.

What I particularly enjoyed was not actually the food, but the conversations that the few of us shared. It was strange, yet a sign that we all are growing up, having given careful thought to things of the world, issues that we used to say that they were best left to the adults. Take for instance prostitution (one of the many issues we discussed), and the possibility of legalising it. At first instance it may seem wrong from a moral standpoint right? And incorporating such an "extreme" measure into society would almost be unthinkable. But after talking it out, I can finally understand way it ain't such a bad idea after all. What do you think?

Strangely enough, my warden, in his late 40s, is more open-minded than any of the guys at lunch yesterday. We always used to think that the older generation was always so caught up in their times, their mindset, the what have-you-nots .. but he displayed an openness of mind that I could never imagine someone like him do. Will try to get a picture of him, then you will understand what I mean. =O)

Went over to Zero Degrees for dinner - Jess' birthday. =O) It was really good. Less the fact that I was really full from the late lunch, I totally enjoyed the whole experience! Shared 1 kg of mussels with Sean called Royal Dish (Don't ask me why!) - Mussels with Salmon, cover in champagne sauce. Simply fantastic! Had one of the best red wines, tasted terrible raspberry beer but the highlight - the jazz band. It was a bunch of elderly men and they were so good!!

Reminded me of my retirement plan, open a nice jazz pub, play nice piano jazz with Wendy singing, for the remaining days of our lives. Haha! I can almost feel it already! Yeah! It's almost coming to the end of the year, don't know how many more times I would get to play with Joel and Chris. I've learnt so much whilst playing with them, doing all those gigs around Bristol, really hope to keep in touch, have a jam once in a while.

Wells, the weekend was a good one. And now it's time to get back to work. 2 weeks to go. Gotta try squeeze in 4 sessions a day now. All my recording stuff have been kept, no recording till after exams! MUST BE DISCIPLINED!!!!


Posted by Musicshen at 8:10 AM
0 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com