Saturday, June 04, 2005
Long Long Entry.It's been some time since I last wrote in here! Yeah it's been so hectic trying to get stuff together, and needless to say, the traveling up and down to London is slowly taking it's toll. So here it goes, this is what's been going on for the past week.
SundayJon, Yanxuan and Wei Lyn stayed over. It was quite hilarious you know? All theses jokers ALWAYS saying that they'll stay up thru' the night with me, and by 3 in the morning, all the monkeys are sound asleep! ARGH!!
We had almost 10 bottles of beer to finish up that night, and it was really funny!! Wei Lyn had this whole big thing about how many bottles make up a pint, and she kept blaming herself for being so lousy, so shocked that she couldn't even finish a pint! Haha! That was hilarious!!
Sunday marked the end of my recording week. I've already listed the songs that I want to do over summer, and the covers that I'd like to complete. Have a good 10 songs that have not been completed. Sorry to Junyang, (
Bring Him Home, Music Of The Night) Jess, (
Leaving On A Jet Plane) Rachel, (
Especially For You) Jiamin, Wendy and Siau (
Emotions) for the recordings that are WAY overdue! My bad!! They
WILL be completed over summer.
Monday-Tuesday
OC addiction. Made the biggest mistake of starting on a new series. YES YES YES! I used to be such an anti-OC person, and now I'm a new convert. SIGH! I'm only at episode 15 of Season 1 and I know that there's a LONG way more to go! Heh! But decided that that's not the way to go mann, so stopped there (temporary) and started packing stuff to move out of hall.
WednesdayFinished settling the housing stuff. That's one BIG load of my mind. Thank goodness my uncle in London was so accommodating, and went thru' so much trouble to help me get the forms done and signed! Really appreciate it!
Had a fantastic dinner at Zero Degrees with Jess and Jon after the MSSA meeting. That was
simply fabulous! We were there from 7pm till almost 12am! Had the full works - Starters, Mains, Dessert and Wine! Of course the soothing jazz in the background added a nice touch to the whole ambience.
After having about a bottle of wine each to drink, Jon and I decided to do our road trip! We were FINALLY getting down to it! Didn't know where to go, what to do, but we knew that we wanted to go. So got home, and booked a car to get us round the next day.
Thursday
It was hilarious driving a 1.2 litre Vauxhall. I must have stalled the car at least 5 times in a span of 2 days. Yeaps, not all that easy driving a manual and I think Jon would agree that I must have broken a couple of traffic offences right? Illegal U-Turns, stuff like that! Heh! =O)
Well I hope the company doesn't find out that the clutch had been dramatically smoothened by the numerous ravings of the engine to get the car to start. It was pretty normal to wind down the windows whenever the RPM went above 5000. Haha, the smell of burnt rubber? I don't know mann!
Navigation without a map. That was the biggest mistake. Well it wasn't like we got lost or anything, but perhaps didn't manage to go to the places that we wanted to go. A wrong turn in the initial stages of navigation setted us South instead of the original route to visit the Coltwalls up in the North.
Our visit to Cheddar Gorge was pretty nice. Managed to see a couple of mountain goats, took some nice scenery shots, had terrible fish and chips and bought lots of sweets! We eventually left and headed north towards Cardiff to spend the night there.
Slept at the "Big Sleep Hotel" <-- How original! Where the 3 of us squeezed onto a double bed. But it was a good sleep, I think all of us were way too exhausted for our own good. Dinner at a Mexican restaurant was simply fantastic! It's been some time since I last got to eat great Mexican food!
FridayGot back to Bristol at about 2pm and realized that I was leaving for London!! Panic! I've got so many things to do before leaving. Lots of admin stuff like getting stuff out of my room, changing addresses, packing for London and settling MSSA stuff.
Oh yes, Top (A hall tutor) is trying to get a whole radio station thing for international students. Am personally thrilled that I can be involved in something like that. We're basically in the preliminary stages of getting the core team together, brainstorming the programme sequences, sourcing for student deejays. It's really exciting!!
Anyways really excited to be meeting my family tmrw!! YAY!!!!
Posted by Musicshen at 6:26 AM
0 comments