Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A New Beginning.

Singapore came and went so fast! The strangest part about holidays, as most of you would know, is that you don't really get to rest yah? Ironically, whilst an ideal holiday would be to rest - not just the body, but more importantly the soul, there are so many other objectives you wanna meet in that short one month back home. The result, countless nights of inadequate sleep, and a body running on reserve power.

They also say that the payback rate for lack of sleep is two times the amount you lack. I kinda feel that way now. Ha! Did an amazing 9 hours on the plane, the VERY first time I managed to sit on a 12 hour flight without watching a single movie! Got to London, and knocked out for another 2 hours on the coach ride back to Bristol. Spent the greater part of Monday on the bed as well. Jon says that it's really weird!

Well anyways, it's been some time since I last wrote in here. So here it goes! As usual, I'll let the pictures do the talking! =O)

Christmas was really great this year! Spent the evening at home with my extended family, after which I went to church for service. I think it's always very magical to spend such an important event with God, to thank Him for that sacrifice He made for us.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Met up with Merwyn, Alex and Jon for supper after. I love those meetings. I've grown up with these guys since Primary school, and though we don't see much of each other now, every Christmas we would gather and pick up where we left off!

Headed to Australia on Christmas evening itself. Ma family and I started the holiday at Cairnes - The Bali of Australia - where you could do all those water sports and of course the star attraction, the Great Barrier Reef. Though I must say that snokelling there wasn't all that fantastic. The corals were WAY too far for appreciation.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My sisters and I on the ferry to The Reef

Took a domestic flight to Brisbane and went straight to Movie World! Wendy had been telling me all about the new ride "Superman"! Sounds really exciting! And it was! It's suppose to be the steepest roller coaster which dips you at almost 70 degrees! Check out the picture!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Escape - Superman

Spent a day at Sunshine Coast. The weather was perfect! Could appreciate it as it's cold and gloomy in UK now. The sun in Australia was GOOD GOOD GOOD!! SOme stoopid shots of us! =O)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Beks and Dan in action!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Don't ask me why we took this.

I got back just in time for New Year's. Had the most fantastic dinner at Mark's place! Aunty Bernice is a fantastic cook!! So good! We had lamb shanks, roasted pork, meat loaves, potato salad and free flow alcohol. What more can one ask for?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Met the council peeps at my place after that for ice cream party. As usual, only Ben and Jerry flavours allowed. Spend the night playing pool, catching up! That was kinda like a prelude to the Council Chalet. Spent the whole weekend with the councillors which was fun! Always reminded how young I am when I'm with them. Can you believe that? People think I'm 18 on my own, imagine with them?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steamboat with Ribena and Wendy. P/S Like my new shirt? =O)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The MAF brothers and I, pulling a 4-men stunt!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The pot that filled our tummies

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay if what I said earlier didn't convince you, surely Wendy and I look 16 at best right? Haha nice cute photo! I LIKE!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
s
27th Students' Council

Kinda did a little heritage tour on Singapore, as part of a video presentation that we're preparing for MSN 2006. It was fun, considering how ignorant I am when it comes to Singapore History. I actually had to depend on a non-driver to give me directions from Point A to B. How embarrassing is that!?! Yeah just to give you a feel of Singapore in the olden days. =O)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Started with Little India, where we bought nice little Indian boxes!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The famous temple at Little India.

Drove down to Arab Street after that and had really nice Ginger Tea! First time I'm drinking it with milk. It's not bad!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some traditional Malay Hats

Our last destination was Chinatown. The food is fantastic!! Check out the pictures cann!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Need I say more?!

Oh yes on a side note, Xun and I bumped into 4 celebrities through the course of the day. Saw Allan Wu running along Evans Road, then Melody Chen in Little India shopping, Lim Yu Beng crossing the overhead bridge at Chinatown and Mark Lee filming in the Pasar Malam. Xun said we were seeing stars. Please laugh.

FINALLY presenting newest acquisition.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Trimm Trab from Adidas. I LIKE.


Posted by Musicshen at 5:29 PM
3 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com