Saturday, February 04, 2006

So Much Has Happened.

I don't really know where to start. I've been back in Bristol for almost 3 weeks now and it's just been one big rush since. I'm really glad that Guys and Dolls is over, I get my nights back. It's been night after night and just can't seem to get back on track with anything else. But yeah, been resting pretty well since, now with the Malaysian Singaporean Night on its way!

Image hosting by Photobucket
The stage of Guys and Dolls

Well my latest crazy must be Sudoku. And I think I've made it pretty obvious to all around me. Heh! Chongwee and Ribena got me one at the airport so that I could play on the plane. But they got me this REALLY advanced one, saying that it should be easy for me given that I did F-Maths last time?!?! No link mann...

Image hosting by Photobucket
The good old primitive way of doing things - I like!

Well if that wasn't enough, my two sisters got me the same thing as well. Sudoku in electronic form. Super power lahh, makes funny sounds when you get a puzzle right or wrong. But with both, I had plenty of puzzles to keep me occupied for the entire 13 hour duration. =)

Image hosting by Photobucket
The high tech version

I acquired a few new items to my collection of music stuff. Let me introduce the first new friend - I don't know his name but I know what he does. He helps keep the distance away from the microphone consistent and keeps away excessive sounds out from being recorded. It's been fun cos' it looks good and more importantly, PROFESSIONAL.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Feels more like a studio now huh!

Alright this is the newest toy in the market. It's to replace my trusty Korg that has been around for 12 years now. It's getting a little cranky, and the technology is WAY behind. So this new Roland's here to take over! This is an amazing instrument! Firstly, it's weighted keys - all 88 of them. Secondly, it has about 1000 different sounds in them and lastly and most importantly, it is able to function both in auxillary and MIDI mode. That allows me to do simultaneous recordings with different inputs! It's perfect! It's also relatively portable (15kg) and the sound is fantastic! Check it out!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
RD 300SX

Wells in the spirit of Chinese New Year, I've changed my bedsheets and pillow casings to suit the festive occasion. Of course not forgetting the pineapple tarts that Wendy's grandma made for me, and the little peanut puffs that I brought back, it did feel pretty good this year. Had a nice little reunion dinner with friends, prepared Mango Duck and Lap Cheong with egg! Photos to come, still stuck in Xun's camera!

Image hosting by Photobucket

There's so much more I wanna mention, but I shall wait for the photos, it's always easier to tell things with pictures. =) Oh yes, will be performing some jazz material at the MSSA dinner with 4 others. Managed to get a singer and a drummer to join the JT Trio. And thanks to Wendy who painstakingly put a whole list of jaz standards for me! You're the best!

Wells will update more regularly soon! Off to London tmrw for a much needed break!


Posted by Musicshen at 4:18 AM
0 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com