Saturday, March 18, 2006
Barcelona Here I Come! 
Just a point to note about Barcelona (And I hope that all those who have been there would agree with me on this) :-
1. The scenery is fantastic! I'll let the pictures do the talking. =)
2. Shopping (FOR GUYS) suck BIG time. Girls please go ahead cos' if EVERYTHING closed, MANGO OUTLET would still be opened. Very very strange.
It was an excellent retreat. The past month had been crazy and it was one of the things that was keeping me going. Had just handed in my coursework and MSSA's drawing to a close. All in all, it was good timing that Barcelona came! So here it is!

Okay I think I just had about enough people telling me that I'm crazy wearing berms in the heart of winter. Heyy but you can't fault me for wearing berms that day! We
WERE going to Sunny Barcelona (well relatively sunny compared to the dreary Bristol weather), how was I to know that it was going to snow at the airport?!?


We spent the greater part of the first day traveling, so when we touched down, we took it nice and easy. =) Had fantastic TAPAS!! We walked the streets to check out the shops, it wasn't that great (of course we were still under the mistakened belief that good shops existed in Barcelona. Oh yes, when I mean "WE", I mean Jon and I. The girls had already begun emptying their wallets)
Day TwoStarted the morning nice and early and headed to La Rambla to check out the Fruit Markets. Realised that the streets are really nice. It's broad and relatively uncluttered, so it was pretty pleasant walking without having to bum into people and all. Heyy check out the market, it's SO cute:- I mean the stall owners, they are dress up just to add a humourous touch to business! =)

Check out the funky hair and the power green walkie talkies!!


Lord Lee, Lord Chancellor Suz, Lord Lin and Court Jester. We're missing the Court Janitor!!!!
Did the whole HOP-ON HOP-OFF thing after that. Spent a good half an hour waiting in the WRONG queue to board the bus. SIGH. Sat on the upper deck of the bus and it's really really beautiful. Here are some pictures!



From top left to right A gaudi work of art, Park Guell, the Unfinished Church, Port of Barcelona Caught the Flamenco at night. It was hilarious!! And I'm not sure whether it was because Jon ABSOLUTELY HATED it, or it was some semi-professional act where the sound weren't balanced properly, so that the stomping off the dancers' feet were WAY louder than all the instruments combined. It could also be because of our position.


Lord Chancellor and Court Janitor wants to go for some ballet thing in Lithuania BUT I think Lord Lee might violently object. I must say that he does have a case this time! Haha! Poor Jonny boy!
Day Three The last day was simply disastrous for me. Fell really ill and just wasn't in the mood to do anything. The girls went out to do their shopping whilst Jon and I desperately tried to find the mall that everything was talking about. But when we got there - SIGH, shopping was pathetic. Seriously pathetic. It was expensive and the range was limited. We couldn't believe it!! Of course it didn't help that I kept running to the toilet, and my tummy was giving me SO much pain! ARGH!
Headed back to the hotel to rest after, and the girls RVed us back for our nice dinner (again, I couldn't quite enjoy it cos' of my tummy). It was really nice having dinner by the harbour. =)
One of those random photos of Lord Lin and Lord Chancellor Well we headed back to the hotel after to play poker. We taught the Lord Chancellor how to play!! And of course Jon came up with the fantastic idea of using paper clips as chips. How ingenious! Wait till you hear the previous ideas like sweets, until he realised that he and the Court Jester were prone to munching them instead of
using them.
Don't ask me why. Day Four I think I felt a little better. Had some time before heading to the airport to catch our flight back to Bristol. Took a nice stroll down to the port and got some nice photos! YAY! But here's a BEAUTIFUL one of the four of us. =)
Posted by Musicshen at 12:46 PM
1 comments