Sunday, April 23, 2006
The Baltic States.It was definitely an interesting experience. It's like going back into time. We were just commenting how the music and clothes were like ten years ago. Just imagine the good old times back in secondary school where Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys were the
IN thing, and the clothes - straight from
Far East Plaza . No offence do those who shop there!! =O)
The trip started out a little funny actually. We got up at an unearthly hour to drive to Gatwick. It was quite pretty I must say, having the sun rising in the horizon and three snoring pigs with me. But ANYWAYS, we got there in time and actually
had some time to shop and all.
So we were within the air boundaries of Lithuania when the pilot said that it was a little too foggy to land the plane. He would circle to skies to await an appropriate time to land, but of course that never happened AND guess what? We ended up in Warsaw, Poland. We stuck in the plane waiting for the airline company to decide what to do next.
This is the screwed up part. And when I mean "screw up", I refer to the four of us. NEVER EVER put four lawyers together. Whilst the rest of the plane were in a frenzy, some individuals screaming that they
absolutely needed to be in Lithuania by a certain time, the four of us were trying to work out the amount of compensation we would be receiving for the screw up. <-- Here I mean, landing in the wrong place!
So BA decided that flying ALL THE WAY back to Gatwick, London would be the best alternative. I suppose that didn't quite leave us with much of a choice. I mean, why on earth would we want to be left stranded in Poland? It's a harsh land, we don't speak the language, we want to be in Lithuania, and we wanted compensation. We stayed on the plane whilst others left, munching on our M&Ms and laughing at the state of affairs. So hilarious!
We got a free night's stay at the Hilton back in London, with a complimentary buffet dinner AND brekky the next morning. We got a room each too! I suppose that's not too much to ask considering that we had just spent the last 9 hours on the plane, a little more and we could be back in Singapore! Oh wells, will carry on with the story tmrw. =)
Posted by Musicshen at 11:56 AM
2 comments