Thursday, May 18, 2006
Cold Turkey Treatment.I don't know why I do these things to myself. Perhaps it's for the better you know. Whilst I was studying at the manor hall library yesterday, I had this immediate desire to play the piano! And the thing was that I knew they had a grand piano in the music room - I knew it was pretty crappy
BUT didn't know it had gotten crappier over the past year - I had to make do.
Ever since I kept my instruments in light of the upcoming exams, I have had sudden bouts of desires to play
something, anything musical. And I realised that it stems from an inner desire to express myself and so have been doing over the past many many years. It's sorta difficult to keep all those ideas in your head right? (Someone back me up pls)
Anyways had some inspiration last night to get some lyrics out - was feeling slightly angry at a friend of mine - don't know why - but it's a lot better now. Probably one of the few emo-nemo-I-hate-the-world kinda lyrics that I'd actually written.
It's A Crying Shame Strength of character so you'd preach
Astute to detect what is wrong
Caving into your inner desires
Morality, but a game you play
Where's the value in the gold you seek?
Priceless virtues you choose to flee
Selfish gains to please the soul
For worldly desires you lose your soul
But you did what you had to do
It's something I'll never understand
Don't think you realise it at all
Don't think you realise it at all
You delight yourself in pretty gifts
And left YOURSELF in the midst
Don't think you realise it at all
Don't think you realise it at all It's a crying shame (But I don't judge)
What a crying shame (And I love you still)
It's a crying shame (I hope you realise)
Crying crying shame (You're better than that)
Dedicated to a close friend.
Posted by Musicshen at 9:02 AM
3 comments