Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Embracing The Culture.

I think I'm going to miss China. One month is really too short, I'm just about getting used to speaking mandarin, and kinda getting used to shoving people around and walking into the path of vehicles - basically becoming a china man lahh. Don't worry guys, I'm still the same me. =)

But I'll definitely like to come back one day. There's so much to learn here, so much to understand. So sisters, next family holiday, we tour China okay? Let's give Vegas a miss this December! HahahahahA! I think I might die for that. Heh!!

But of course it's time to go home. Miss Wendy a lot!! We normally talk twice a week, but for the past week, it's been every day. Although short conversations, but enough to keep us going. =) I SIMPLY LOVE this photo!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh yes, I was just looking thru some photos that my sister took, and they are fantastic!! For her sake, I shan't mention where you can find them but YAH! It's well taken, considering that she's only 15! She definitely has a mature perspective for her age. Here's a nice one she took my Beks and I. =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And to my cell peeps out there, I can't wait to hang out with your guys again. Do a little bit of poker, have fun chilling out at Brewerks. And of course One Liner, let's get something going soon!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Undoubtedly the coolest peeps in town.

The few of us prepared dinner for some friends a few nights back. It was nice, homely and cosy. We prepared a simply Italian dinner. One of the other interns, Xiao Jie, brought three korean friends along. Michael came too. It was rather interesting. There wasn't a single language that all of us understood, so whilst talking to each other, Susian had to help interpret stuff, since she's the only one who speaks mandarin, english AND korean fluently. =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A traditional chinese toast

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the dishes we cooked. It was VERY hot, the red cut chillis were REALLY REALLY spicy. Michael was perspiring non-stop!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a cure one of the girls

On a separate note, Bakerzin opened its very first outlet in Shanghai. It's situated on the 4th floor of Raffles City AND it's very very nice. The drinks are pretty good too! I took a picture of the warm chocolate cake. Made to perfection!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ohh, since I'm normally mean at night, here's a photo of THE Deebeedee (use chinese accent and say it as fast as you can) pirate at work. Hehe. =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

=)


Posted by Musicshen at 5:31 PM
5 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com