Friday, August 11, 2006

It's Been Fine I Guess.

So the first week in Shanghai has been fine I guess. It could be much better I think, a lot of unexpected things happened. But I suppose that's how life is right? We need to trust that God is ahead of us no matter what we do.

Anyways for some updates. Work has been pretty okay. Been busy trying to get a presentation completed. Didn't manage to finish it yet but it should be fine by Monday to come. It's been quite fun reading up and researching on China's economy. It's one of those things you hear about every day, like how China is growing, how China has so many people blah blah blah.

But it's real guys and the crowd here is insane. I feel like I'm at war everyday!! The people are fighting with you for taxis, the cars don't give way, the service industry, let's not even go there!

We went to Xin Tian Di for drinks with some of the other colleagues. It was nice!! Went to this place called Ark which played live music. Miss those days with Oneliner!! =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The waiter introduced us to this funny fruit beer. Strange lahh, I feel that beer ought to be pure you know? Beer is beer, no fruits or whatever funny stuff inside!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is my new friend Micheal. He was one of the first to come over to say HI to me! Really nice chap who is genuine and caring. He played an integral part in helping me fit in with the locals.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I like this photo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hmmm it's quite sad that we don't have such nice platforms in Singapore! It's so squeezy on stage in Walas. Even the stage at Prince of Wales was really small. Look at all the space they have!! What a luxury!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha Just a random photo of myself. Don't worry guys, I'm not an alcoholic. And even if I was, not on fruity beers mann!! =)

Anyways off to Hangzhou tmrw. It's gonna be weird for some reason. Sigh. See you guys soon!


Posted by Musicshen at 7:02 PM
3 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com