Monday, August 07, 2006
One Weekend In Shanghai. Hello everyone. I just realised that blogspot is banned in China. Jon I think you told me that before. But anyways, Suz found this magnificent way to get round it!! Haha!!
First day at work was pretty fine. I'm doing some research into REITS. It's short for Real Estate Investment Trust. Pretty cool concept, so spent most of the day figuring it out. It's been good thus far, my mentor spent some time explaining what I was getting into, gave me a macroscopic view of what Capital Business Development entailed. Stuff like that. Good fun!
Visited Chen Huang Miao yesterday. Don't really know the significance of the temple . Tried to read some of the texts on the wall about the 8 virtues and all. Interesting. Here are some photos.
The entrance to the temple.
Yes I am trying to read. That's the whole point right!?!? As Xun and I was walking around (Suz was off for lunch with her Uncle) we bumped into a gentleman who carved an instrument out of bamboo. It's really cool cos' it sounds exactly like a saxophone. I was so tempted to buy it!! He gave us a brochure which explained the whole process. Explanation with demonstration.


One of the highlights in that area is the dumplings. There's this three storey high shop that sells dumplings. It starts of with the cheapest at the bottom. No seats no frills, just 16 dumplings for 30 yuan. Then if you head a storey up, you get to SHARE seats with others, a little more expensive, a little nicer I think. The highest storey gets you 8 dumplings for 40 yuan. Yup, you get your own seats.
So you see right, we were the suayest of the suayest. The top two floors underwent renovations since yesterday and we were left with the bottom floor. The queue was horrendously long (for obvious reasons) and I didn't want to line up. But greedy Xun wanted to.
Whiilst we were lining up. So sad.
We got it!! YAY!!! Here are some other random photos!!
The kids peer in and laugh as the story-teller tells his story.
A place where you have no choice but buy gifts for distant relatives - Like Uncle Jonny or a place where the gifts are lousy. You interpret.
Best friend!! You're famous!
Posted by Musicshen at 3:59 PM
2 comments