Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pre-Bristol.

Time is really passing way too quickly! I've got just about a week before starting the academic year! One more year in the UK and I'm done for good! So so fast!! Anyways for some updates. I've been getting quite lazy I must admit, there's a lot to share, but everytime I think about the amount of time I need to spend doing so, it's tough lahh. You know what I mean =)

But here I am, back after a wonderful time in the Middle East. Must thank daddy for giving me such a great opportunity, sitting in meetings and understanding the culture there is a tremendous privilege! Oman is relatively liberal and the government there is strongly encouraging the locals to go out into the world and study/work whatever. Point is to import whatever they've learnt and use it to build the country. It's a beautiful place!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After an extremely long day of meetings and all, we were treated to a nice local meal. The food ain't very different from Indian actually. Very simple but yet tasty and filling!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We sat in a circle (cross-legged! ) and had an extremely sumptous meal. I think that's how the traditional Omani has his meal.

Had visited the night market before dinner. It's a little like the night market at Bugis. Nice stalls on both sides, mostly selling the same stuff. It's vibrant and there are lots of people shopping.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The temperature difference in the Middle East is quite drastic. It's nice and cool in the evening, and definitely much more bearable than the 45 deg sun we get in the afternoon. How mad is that?!? The walk along the quay was nice. There was a light breeze which made it even better and so much more enjoyable =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Doesn't it remind a little of Boat Quay?

--

Just a little before heading down to Qatar and Oman, Wendy and I celebrated our 73rd month together. Had a great Italian meal at Michaelangelo's. Was just reflecting on the time I've spent with Wendy and I really thank God for seeing us through the ups and downs. There are many things in life worth fighting for and holding on to, and I know that Ms Ngiamngiam is one of them =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A beautiful picture of Ms Ngiamngiam and her food! Yummy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Check out the dessert!! Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it. But I know it was fantastic!

The next exciting thing that happened was - Jess came down from Malaysia!! Welcome welcome!! Sean just got back from UK not too long ago and Jess came to visit. So Wendy and I hosted the both of them for a day. Met for coffee in the evening and then had dinner at Seah Street Deli.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We were looking for someone to take a photo for the four of us and we ran into a photographer!! We think he is lahh, he was bending down and moving into interesting positions to take photos. And they turned out really nice!! Thanks to whoever you are!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And since Jess hadn't seen Holland Village, Wendy drove us down to take a look. We had a couple of beers at Walas. It was a little quiet actually, but very suitable for friends to have nice quiet conversations. There was an acoustic band playing in the background and that added to the ambience =)

--

Met up with my 195 officers today. It's been 2+ years since I left the Navy. I'm glad that I still keep in contact with them! They are really funny people to hang out with, so was looking forward to having dinner and drinks after. It's one of those times you catch up and reminisce on good old Navy days.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chua, Zhiyong, myself, Kwan Eng, Eugene - Commanders of 195 Squadron!

Caroline was very nice to organise a little potluck. It was a small group and the atmosphere was perfect! So great to have drinks and food with them! Haha it's been some time since I last saw Angie but that's a good thing. Remembered bugging her cos' she was still bumming around prior to this summer vacation. So seeing less of her means she's not wasting her time anymore. Hehe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(Top to bottom clockwise) Lydia, Wendy, Wee Lock, Angie, Caroline

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Needs no further introduction

We gave Shyan a call towards the end of the evening. Glad to hear that she's doing well!! Stoopid girl came back when I was in Shanghai!! So totally missed her!! Will catch up in UK okay?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The combined effort of Angie the Pok and Dan the Man as we execute 'Operation Call Shyan'

Ohhh, check out Angie's hair - ?!?!?!

And and and ... nice last photo of Ms Ngiamngiam and I. She's been pretty busy with SIP. Rest well okay? Love you lots!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Posted by Musicshen at 9:39 PM
2 comments




Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com